We are excited to announce that we will be hosting the first In Beta Experiments in Physiotherapy Education Unconference on the 14th and 15th May 2019 at the School of Health Science (HESAV) in Lausanne, Switzerland. We’ll be using the occasion to try something different from the standard physiotherapy conference format and would love for you to join us in this experiment.
The Unconference is free to attend and participants will only need to cover their own travel and accommodation costs. All you need to do for now is register here.
The Unconference format
- Whoever shows up are the right people
- Whatever happens is fine
- Whenever it starts is the right time
- It is over when it’s over
The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Facilitate meaningful interaction between all attending delegates.
- Stimulate all delegates to think about aspects of their teaching practice and share their reflections with others in the collaborative development of shared teaching
sessions / resources.
Day 0 (Monday, 13th May 2019)
Travel from Geneva and have an agreed venue for anyone to join in the evening (If the conversation starts then that’s fine – Rule #3)
Day 1 (Tuesday, 14th May 2019)
The day will be organised as an unconference. You are invited to bring any teaching and learning challenges, innovations and ideas for physiotherapy education that you would like to discuss. We’ll spend the day sharing these ideas with the goal of moving the conversation in physiotherapy education forward. We have prepared a rough outline to give an idea of what to expect.
- 08:00 – 09:00 Coffee and socialise
- 09:00 – 12:00 Discussion
- 12:00 – 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 – 16:00 Wrapup
- 16:00 – 18:00 – Wine tasting (and continuation of the conversation)
- 19:00 – Dinner (same thing)
Day 2 (Wednesday, 15th May 2019)
Participants can choose between two parallel tracks in the morning (09:00 – 12:00):
- Another unconference session focused on developing ideas for using simulation in physiotherapy education.
- An OpenPhysio peer-supported writing workshop for physio educators who are interested in sharing their classroom interventions and experiences to a larger audience. This may be in the form of academic papers or case studies, or simply as a blog post.
In the afternoon we will draw together the outputs from the unconference and explore future collaborative projects in physiotherapy education. We hope to have another social activity in the late afternoon, together with dinner in the evening but this may depend on the number of participants who are able to stay.
Lausanne is a town that is about 40 minutes outside of Geneva on public transport so if you’re coming from Geneva you should factor in about 1.5 hours for travel. This makes it easy to travel from Geneva on the 13th, arrive at your accommodation in Lausanne on the same day and then meet us for dinner and drinks before we start on the 14th.
The venue for the unconference is the School of Health Science (HESAV), Room G/00/19, Av. de Beaumont 21, 1011 Lausanne.
In order to attend the Unconference, simply fill in the registration form here.
If you have any questions you can use the form below to get in touch.
Please consider downloading one of the promotional flyers below and sharing with your own networks.